THE BDC TRIBE
MOTIVATED PEOPLE, ALL CONNECTED, SEEKING SOMETHING BETTER, LEVERAGED BY WORKING TOGETHER TO ADVANCE A SHARED IDEA
Better Drinking Culture (you can call us BDC) is a grassroots movement founded by a group of friends sharing stories about their experiences with alcohol. They uncovered that nearly every negative experience associated with alcohol was the result of drinking too much. Empowered to do something about it, we drafted a manifesto, printed some T-shirts, and started a movement to build a better drinking culture to set the example for the next generation.
Our mission is to shift our culture's relationship with alcohol in a healthier and more positive direction—a lifestyle free from pain, harm, and regret. #BecauseHangoversSuck
We are not anti-alcohol or a campaign. We are not created by the industry, university, or big business. We are by the people, for the people. We care about educating ourselves about the craft of what we drink, and sharing stories about why drinking better can make our lives healthier.
We invite you to help us build a better drinking culture. Everyone's welcome at our table.
WHAT WE DO
We deliver a unique blend of health and craft education that helps improve our drinking experiences toward a holistically healthier lifestyle. We work with student leaders at colleges and universities to help promote this better lifestyle on campuses, and we recognize breweries, distilleries, wineries, bars, and restaurants with our industry Certification Program for their efforts in supporting a better drinking culture.
- Founder/CEO, New Way Recovery, Wait 21, Crave 21
- Former Senior Analyst of Global Private Equity, RDV Corporation
- Former Beer Program Manager, Grand Rapids Brewing Co.
- Emmy-nominated producer, and writer/host, Modern Ahabs
- Craft beverage journalist
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server
- Certified TIPS® Trainer
- Solopreneur, Sol Studio
- Digital marketing freelancer, social media guru
- Ambassador, Fit University
- Travel blogger and foodie
- Principal Designer, Svannah Creative
- Digital Media Director, Love Your Natural Self Foundation